Tuesday 5 October 2010

Easy Turkish Meatballs.

It's amazing how simply sticking something on a skewer will double the chances of the kids eating it.
Adam kind of helped me make these skewers but really he just ate half the onion as I was chopping it and by the time we got to the good bit of squishing the meat onto the skewers he had lost interest and wandered off.  Oh well, next time.
They both ate absolutely all of their tea which makes me very happy so we'll definitely be having these again.  They are also so easy and quick to make.


Turkish Meatballs.
Serves 4.

Ingredients - 
400g lamb mince
1 large onion, chopped
1 heaped tbsp cumin powder
salt and pepper

Method - 
Soak skewers in cold water for half an hour before you start.  I always forget this and didn't do it last night - the skewers still kept their shape but certainly if I was barbecuing I know they would just burn through if I didn't soak them.
Put everything in a large bowl and squish together with your hands.  Shape around the skewers.
Grill, turning every few minutes for about 12 minutes.

I served them just with some frozen peas but there are loads of things you could serve them with.  We had the leftovers today for lunch with just some lettuce and cucumber.  They would also be nice with pitta breads and hummous, I think.
Oh, and tomato ketchup always helps!



It's a pity I'm not writing a kid's cookbook.  I have the perfect models for the photography!  Even if I do say so myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise,
    Your 'models' are great! I like your blog too. And I will definitely visit the Crabshack if I am in that part of the world!
    Pascale from extra-relish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pascale. I have subscribed to your blog and will use it a inspiration to improve mine.

    ReplyDelete